Wednesday, January 20, 2010

AFL visit #4

AFL visit # 4
Cooper
English Assesment 8
Mr. Salsich
January 13, 2010



          Although it wasn't such a great visit, I enjoyed what I was able to do. Today, I finally mastered filling people's grocery orders. I've almost memorized the location of foods in the pantry. The only thing I couldn't find was the Chef Boyardee which ended up being hidden under the beef stew. In the dining room, I sat in on a bountiful and informal conversation about homosexuality (because AIDS affects homosexuals more than anyone else, I feel I can talk about this without being too akward). Thankfully, After being barraged with a volley of inapropriate comments and jokes, a member came in and I had to fill their grocery order. the fact they didnt feel discouraged by my presence made me feel closer to the family I had joined a few weeks earlier.

No comments: