Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Essay #8 unwant


Cooper Feltes

English 8
Mr. Salsich
November 18, 2009















Want:




A View Upon How things Are or Aren't Wanted.






    For some, waking up in the morning is hard on many days, wondering if anyone would really care if you didn't end up in front of your locker at school in the morning. This action takes courage, and pure will. Feeling unnecessary strikes many as a adjective that occurs all to often, yet few classify it as unheard of. laying in bed with the radio or buzzer blasting in your ears strikes as a time of thinking about the day ahead and who will notice your absence. 






       Staying mentally positive must be hard for Scout at this time in her life. At her age, she is starting to find who she is, and realizing her place in the family. After hearing her aunt and father fight about " his daughter that's growing up", she thinks that she needs to break away from her normal habits. After she figures out her father was defending Calpurnia, she is left half heartbroken that the negative things that Alexandria said might has well have been about her. Later in chapter  14, Scout "brawls" with her brother, leaving Scout feeling even more unnecessary. Jem had been growing more moody and keeping more to himself in recent months. Both children should have known better, but Scout's spirit was left broken after the fight. It seemed to be a horrible day for Scout, until Dill showed up later that night. Dill reminded Scout that there was purpose for her in the ever expanding world. Scout's positive attitude hopefully was restored when her "lover"  showed up. Scout's Spirit has been mended and torn apart many times throughout the book. 


      Sometimes, I feel no one cares at all about what I have to say. This factor varies from day to day. Some days I feel like I could be king, yet some days I feel like a lowly peasant. While this varies from day to day, I have a few friends that make me feel like a god. When I do stupid things, I feel I don't even have the power to say anything. I feel so diminished, I don't even want to say anything. I feel self-forgiveness and forgetting bad things leads away from this. Sometimes I feel no one would notice if I got up in the morning. Wondering if anyone would care if I wasn't a the lunch table. Some force keeps me going throughout the day. Whatever motivation you choose to propel you, keep going through every day, no matter how dull it might be.

       Why are people more popular and more wanted than others? the people who are popular, dont need courage to get through the day, for they know they will be accepted. for the people who aren't so much so, they develop larger amounts of courage that propels them through the day. Wake up in the morning and worry not about what lies ahead, or The challenges that face you, for the hardest part is starting to sit up.

No comments: