Thursday, September 9, 2010

Freestyle writing #1

Cooper Feltes
English 8
Mr. Salsich
September 9, 2010

Freestyle Writing

I am a BIG person. Sometimes it comes in handy, like when I’m dealing with someone who is making trouble, yet sometimes it can be more troublesome than enjoyable. Whenever I go to a party, or any social event for that fact, the only thing anyone has ever said to me when they meet me is “there is no way you are fourteen” or “oh my goodness Cooper you are very tall!” or “have you grown a foot over the summer?”; No of course I have not grown a foot over the summer, what kind of question is that! People just can’t seem to see anything interesting about me other than my height. When people ask me how tall I am, I say to myself, “did you really just ask me that?”. I hear it so many times every week from numerous different people.  I mean, I’ve been the tallest kid in my class since 3rd grade, but it was fun to me back then, and now it’s just a burden. Like this summer I worked for a camp for little kids (namely 3-12 year olds) and I swear, until I told the other counselors my age, they treated me like I was nineteen. Countless times have I been approached in different stores just browsing around and people ask me where they can find different things, like I worked at the stores. I don’t like being tall sometimes, but then I think to myself, it’s better to be very tall than very short.

No comments: